May came and went without even a blink!
Some highlights from the month:
- Busy Making for: Salisbury Contemporary Craft Fayre:
- “Felting with Suzie Gutteridge” Monday evening course at Salisbury Arts Centre:
Five weeks of some great sessions. Here are a few examples –
- Salisbury Museum: http://www.salisburymuseum.org.uk
Spoons – A stirring tale…
This unusual exhibition of spoons, is the result of a project working in collaboration with the NFWI Craft Committee. The aim was to encourage WI makers of all abilities to attend workshops held at the museum and working with textile artist Suzie Gutteridge, to knit or stitch spoons inspired by those in the museum’s collection. Once created, all these beautiful and individual pieces were sent to ceramic artist Julie Miles, to be transformed by being dipped in porcelain and fired. The result is a testament to the imagination, skill and creativity of WI members.
Information taken from Salisbury Museum website
Under Five’s Friday: Galloping through the Landscape with Suzie Gutteridge
Friday, June 9, 2017 – 10:00 to 11:30 Booking: No booking required. Cost: Normal admission charges apply.
Arty fun for little ones! Join artist Suzie Gutteridge as we take a gallop through the landscape, inspired by the chalk horses of Wiltshire. Suitable for 2-5 year olds. Babies welcome.
Information taken from Salisbury Museum Website
- Waterstones Salisbury: Monday 3 – Sunday 30th July
- Childrens Textile Workshop at Studio 53, George Street Salisbury: Friday 28 July http://www.studio53space.co.uk
- Salisbury Contemporary Craft Festival: Friday 9 and Saturday 10 September.
- “Felting with Suzie Gutteridge” 10 weeks course at Salisbury Arts Centre – September. Watch this space for booking details.